A new SERVLINE Leak Program began on April 1, 2016. This program automatically enrolls Residential Customers into the program at a cost of $1.80 per month for water/sewer customers and $1.30 for water only customers.
Any residential customer may opt out of the Leak Protection Program by calling (865) 484-4200. Any customer opting out of the program shall be documented. This customer shall then be responsible for the full amount of their bill with no adjustments being made.
- All requests for billing adjustments must be made through our ServLine Program by calling the separate customer support at (865) 484-4200. Adjustments cannot be made by calling the DWMF office. Customers who qualify for leak adjustments through our ServLine Program will be responsible to pay their 6 month average bill. ServLine will pay up to $2,500 of an excess water bill resulting from a qualifying leak and up to $2,500 of the sewer portion of the same bill. Amounts in excess of $2,500 will continue to be the responsibility of the Customer.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to keep his plumbing system in good working order.
- In any case where a customer might incur a leak before there is six (6) months of average usage, an adjustment will be made using the minimal bill as the average usage.
- Customers must present proof that a leak has been repaired before an adjustment will be made (i.e. copy of invoice for materials or bill from plumber.)
- No customer shall receive more than one leak adjustment during any twelve (12) month period.
- The DWMF, through the ServLine Program, shall not be obligated to make adjustments of any bills not contested within sixty (60) days from the billing date.
- The ServLine Program is not offered to multi-use meters.
Adjustments on water bills will NOT be made on the following:
- Residential customers who do not have their own water meter.
- Commercial or Industrial Customers.
- Premises left or abandoned without reasonable care for the plumbing system.
- Leaks on irrigation systems or irrigation lines, leaks on any water lines coming off the primary water service line, plumbing leaks in any structure other than the primary residence.
- Excess water charges not directly resulting from a qualifying plumbing leak.
- Filling of swimming pools or leaks in swimming pools; and
- Watering of lawns or gardens.